Friday, September 7, 2012

Now That's A Plan



Lately I have been thinking about how God is orchestrating my life. God has opened my eyes with His eternal perspective and I have become aware that I am part of His greater plan and purpose. Because of my new perspective, (the renewing of my mind - Romans 12:2) I  have been able to see the impact of God’s plan in my life unfold right before my very eyes. It seems like everyday I am either hearing a message, reading a verse, or listening to a spiritual song, that speaks to me in a powerful way. These insights I am blessed to receive, either confirm a principle God is teaching me, direct me to to make decisions based on His inspired Word or fill me with hope as I try to navigate through the turbulent waters of this fallen world. 

To gain perspective we must focus on God and not get distracted by the pull of the culture.

Romans 12:2 New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


What is really mind blowing to me is the timing of God's will and purpose. Each day I anticipate some event or answer to prayer based on the promises of God. I trust God because I have experienced the fulfillment of His promises from the Bible. 

Here are some examples of scripture fulfilled in my life:
 

Jeremiah 29:11-12 New International Version 1984 
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Sometimes God allows me to experience difficult circumstances in my  life in order to get my attention. What actually may seem bad on the offset has been beneficial to me because I begin to turn toward God and pray, asking for help, comfort, wisdom, perspective and a change of heart. Also, when God disciplines me, I know it is for His greater purpose. His discipline is good for my character so I will allow a transformation to take place that conforms me to the image of Christ. I think that is a great plan and benefit to me and my family, when I allow for the sanctification process to continue in my life. This is how God strengthens me and helps me flourish. This is how I can live a life set apart to Him. This is what changes me from the inside out. 


Romans 8:28 New International Version 1984
 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

The above verse from Romans goes along with this verse below from Paul's letter to the Philippians in that 
real life centers around God's good purpose.

Philippians 2:13 New International Version 1984
for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

 
We learn God has a good purpose for His followers.

I am encouraged everyday to know no matter what my circumstances God continues
to have a perfect plan for me that fulfills His good purpose. 



Deuteronomy 31:8 New International Version 1984
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. 
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

I am also encouraged by this promise to never leave nor forsake me. Since becoming a follower of Jesus I realize that Jesus has paid the price for my salvation and He has guaranteed I will not lose it.


John 10:27-29 New International Version 1984 
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.


Those who are true followers of Christ are truly saved. We know this because of the way the Holy Spirit
is our constant companion and interacts with us in all areas of our lives. Whether it is for comfort, wisdom, guidance, teaching, reminding us of the things Jesus said, The Holy Spirit makes Himself known to those followers who desire to listen. Even before I became a follower of Jesus, God used His Holy Spirit to soften my heart in order that I would go to church and hear a message about God's Love that forever changed my life. Remember, the Holy Spirit in us is the mark of our salvation.Yet God will also use His Spirit to help guide us to the truth.




Ephesians 1:13-14 New International Version 1984
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory

When I first heard about God's love and truth I couldn't help but desire more of it. You see my whole life has been a journey about discovering real truth. Historically, I literally tried so many avenues of so called spirituality and even existentialism until I came to a dead end and decided that there was only one road left to the travel. That road was the way of the Gospel and it has been the road I have been on ever since. The Good News is that God, with the help of the Holy Spirit, continues to keep me on that road. He will not let me stray too far off or let the bumps in the road keep from continuing on His path for my life. The Holy Spirit gets the credit for my daily discernment and desire for God's truth. I am forever grateful to Jesus for giving me a brand new life and a counselor, the Holy Spirit, who daily speaks into it.



So if the Holy Spirit is evident in your life, be thankful for God's eternal plan. Be thankful that 
you have been saved for a purpose. Be thankful that, even though you have a sin nature, God has freed you 
from the bondage of sin.

In my case I know God is actively involved in my life. If you are experiencing some doubts about your relationship with God ask yourself some questions.

  • Is God trying to get my attention?
  • Do I sense the Holy Spirit working in my life?
  • Are there things in my life separating me from God?
  • Am I spending time with God?
  • Am I reading and studying His Word?
  • Is prayer and important part of my life?
  • Do I believe in God's promises?
  • Do I trust God and His Word?
  • Did Jesus pay the price for my sin or do I still think I have to earn my salvation?
 
The reason for asking yourself these questions is to get you to think about a couple of things.

  • Your relationship with God.
  • The sin in your life.
  • Your understanding of the Holy Spirit's role.
  • Your understanding of God's eternal plan
  • The importance of prayer and the reading and studying of God's Word.
  • The real hope you have In Jesus 
  • The purpose for your life.
  • The importance of sharing your God story.


Now that’s a lot to think about, so pray first, then ask God to reveal Himself to you like never before.
The truth is God has already been working in your life, and that He has a perfect plan designed to fulfill His greater purpose through you. Remember, God desires for us to have a deep and personal relationship with Him. An authentic relationship with God is the key to having a real abundant life. Abundance is not material, it is an overwhelming sense of God's amazing love and amazing grace that brings about true joy..

God has a plan for our lives. A Plan to give us a hope and a future. When we realize this and receive His offer of salvation we will come to Him in prayer and thanksgiving,  and He will listen,  and He will lead.

My favorite promise is this one:


Proverbs 3:5-6 New International Version 1984 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.



Just Sayin………………………..Dave




No comments:

Post a Comment