Monday, September 17, 2012

Gods Riches That Lead To The Abundant Life



Without my relationship with Jesus I would be a wreck.  I would not be able to balance my life. It is because of this relationship that  I have with Jesus, I can endure through any circumstance.  Because I know God keeps His promises, the burden I carry is much lighter than ever before. How is this possible?

God has made some great promises to those who have chosen to be followers of Jesus:

In the Book of John Jesus declared:

John 6:35 NIV
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, 
and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

John 10:27-28 NIV  
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, 
and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

John 14:1-4 NIV
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house 
are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place 
for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to 
be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

John 14:26 NIV
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you 
all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 15:5 NIV
 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear 
much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

John 16:13-15 NIV
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; 
he will speak only what he hears,  and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me 
by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. 
That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

John 16:33 NIV
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have 
trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I am always encouraged when I read these verses. Even in my most dire circumstances I am
never alone. In fact, I sometimes feel the presence of God greater in times when I’m hurting or 
confused. When I reach out to God He is always there. He is waiting for me to connect with Him 
in the deepest  and most intimate way. As my heart  and  mind converge into His presence, the fear, hopelessness and despair are no longer the focus of my life.  As Jesus moves in me, I grab hold of the
hope of His promises while my  mind wraps around the depth of His truth. My heart then begins to feel
the awesome power of His love, mercy and grace and I am able to rest and to have peace even when 
the world around me continues to fall apart. I know I have a future. Belief in what Jesus accomplished 
on the Cross, is the strength behind my faith. Believing in God's promises is the security behind my hope.
My relationship with Jesus is preparing me for an eternity with God. And because of Jesus,  I can now
live the abundant life.

Gods Riches that lead to the Abundant Life:
·         Receiving Eternal Life through Jesus’ sacrifice
·         Holy and Blameless in God’s sight
·         Adopted into God’s family
·         Forgiven for our sins
·         Understanding the meaning of our life and purpose
·         Alive in Christ
·         No longer having the need to satisfy our sinful nature
·         The desire to serve and love God

To be fully alive we must appropriate God’s riches.  God’s reason for creating the universe   
in the first place was to give us a home where we could have a personal relationship with Him. 
Everything God created was for the benefit of man which reflects His amazing Glory, magnificence,
creativity and superior intellect. Take notice How God has revealed Himself through His creation from
the tiniest cell to the outstretched vastness of the stars and universe.With that in mind we can see God also
has a greater purpose which includes trusting Him on this incredible journey of life.

Read the first couple of Chapters of Genesis to see what God’s original intention was. God created a magnificent Garden, an incredible  Paradise for man to spend eternity with Him.  With the fall (the disobedience of Adam and Eve), sin entered the world.  Now God’s plan of salvation offers to restore us back to His kingdom. Today, God continues to call us back to Him. Let’s all respond to Him with gratefulness and love.


……………Just Sayin………………..Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment