Monday, April 8, 2013

A Good Reminder



 
This past week while taking time to visit my mom in Florida, God made it very clear me that my family is my number one ministry and they deserve the best of me and my time. I also realize that God is my number one priority and source of wisdom and strength. Through Him I can love my family and meet some their greatest needs. Their needs include love, encouragement, sincere attention, resources and prayer.  I know that from the way they respond back to me, I reap what I sow. What I sow is a great reminder to me that I need God's strength and guidance daily.








With devotion to God and family high on my list I am going to need help when times of self focus cloud my priorities. With help from the Holy Spirit, I am reminded and encouraged to make the right choices concerning God and family. I know I need to
have a daily heartfelt connection with God, living for His purpose in everything I do. I need to be continually connected on a heart level to what really matters in life.  I need to maintain my eternal perspective. I need to trust God for wisdom and direction. I need to be obedient to God and His Word. I need to give God the love and respect



He deserves as my Lord and Savior. I need to put my family’s needs ahead of my own. 

The Bible reminds me of the things that I can do to help me live a Christ centered life:







Hebrews 12:2 NIV  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before 
him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.







1 Peter 3:15 NIV  But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to 
everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with 
gentleness and respect,







Philippians 2:3-5 NIV  Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better
 than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the 
interests of others. Your attitude should be the same As Christ Jesus:







Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV



Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 



 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. 







Mark 12:30 NIV Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.







God’s Word holds the truth to living the abundant life. By abundance I mean living 
a full life by appropriating all of God’s promises.  We should live in such a way that the joy of our salvation, the Holy Spirit, our peace with God, our adoption into His family, our new self, and our new found love for others can change who are and the way we live in this world. Our lives should reflect God's Glory showing others clearly our identity in Christ. Through our abundance in life and gratitude to God, we can live out our desire to bring hope to the lost through daily ministry. We can use our spiritual gifts, talents and resources, to edify the Church body.




Our goals should be:  Show love to God. Love family. Live for Christ.







When we give of ourselves and share what Jesus has done for us through His work on the Cross, we receive a great blessing  because it is a great privilege to be the salt and light to the world. We get great satisfaction knowing we are fulfilling the Great Commission by going out and making disciples. Even if we  just make a positive difference in someone’s life and practice what we preach, that helps shed the stereotype of the "Hypocritical Christian."







Matthew 5:13-16 NIV



Salt and Light



"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.











The fact is this: We don’t serve God for our Glory. We serve for His glory which means that we must die to self. We are to live a God Centered life and not a self centered one.







1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV



So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.  







Some Practical ways to Glorify God:



·        Confess our sins and repent



·        Bear fruit for His kingdom



·        Praise and worship God



·        Pray in accordance to His will



·        Read, obey and apply God’s Word to our lives



·        Serve others in Christ’s name



·        Share God’s Word and help lead others to Christ



·        Be Humble



·        Be content in our circumstances by trusting God







When we live for God, when we are filled with His Holy Spirit, we innately have the desire to love and care for others. We are then able to fulfill the second greatest commandment:







Mark 12:31 NIV 
The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."







Galatians 5:14 NIV 
The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."







God’s Word holds the key for living an abundant Christ centered life. If we only take the time to read it and apply God’s principles, not only will we be blessed, but others we love the most will benefit from God’s supernatural love working through us.







2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV



All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.







Take some time to thank God for entering into your pace of life. Ask Him to remind you about what is really important in life. Spend some time in His Word



to get the proper eternal perspective needed to live in a fallen world. Most of all, show love for God, show love to your family and your neighbor. When love is at the forefront of everything we do, God is truly glorified.







1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV



Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,



always perseveres.







Today make God your number one priority! Today make your family your number one ministry! 









Just Sayin……………Dave













No comments:

Post a Comment